(WITT) Envis Centre is located in Waterfalls Institute of Technology Transfer (WITT) which is a non-profit Society established in April 1994. and is approved as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
Earlier an ENVIS-Node under World Bank assisted ‘Environment Management Capacity Building Technical Assistance Project (EMCBTAD) was constituted in WITT from November 2002 to June 2004 and thereafter it was converted into present ENVIS – Centre by the MOEF in July 2004 and was assigned the Subject-area of Environment Audit and Accounting.
WITT ENVIS – Centre is conducting the following main activities in the Subject area
collation, compilation, analysis and dissemination
of information related to Environment Audit and
- Publishing bi – monthly WISTA –
Environment Audit and WISTA –
Environment Accounting containing national
and international information and distributing 500
copies of each WISTA to the users.
- Preparation of monthly News-Letter – Environment
Audit and Accounting and submission to the Ministry.
- Uploading of both WISTA'S AND NEWSLETTER in the
ENVIS – Centre’s Web site : www.wittsenvis.org
to enable the users for accession of information
- Maintaining a library, which has a good data base
of Books, Reports, Reprints, Abstracts, Journals
and other Publications.
- Preparation of Reports and Status Papers on major
- Conducting Workshops for dissemination of information
in the subject – area.
- Linkages with other ENVIS – Centres within
the group “Environmental Law and Trade”
as well as with other ENVIS Centres.
- Functioning as Resource Base in the Subject –