- WITT was selected as ENVIS Node in November 2002 and from then onwards the Institute has taken many strides in promoting environmentally friendly activities with special emphasis on Environment Audit and Accounting.
- The Institute already had a Website www.witts.org and has subsequently developed a new Website www.wittsenvis.org linked with ENVIS Programme.
- The ENVIS – Centre is publishing bi-monthly issues of WISTA Environment Audit since January 1998. About 500 copies are printed and circulated to all ENVIS Centres, Research Institutions, typical industries, consultancy organisations etc.
- The ENVIS – Centre has also commenced publishing a second WISTA namely Environment Accounting on bi-monthly basis since June 2005. This too is distributed to concerned organisations/individual likes WISTA Environment Audit.
- The ENVIS – Centre is also preparing monthly “Newsletter” covering News items on Environment Audit and Environment Accounting as well as items that may be of interest to Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) in the broader domain of environment. This is a collection of current information covering a wide range of areas of interest such as air pollution, water pollution, solid waste pollution, audit guide, audit report, information on conferences and publication of new Reports and Books.
- All the above three major publications namely WISTA: Environment Audit, WISTA: Environment Accounting and Newsletter are uploaded in the Website. www.wittsenvis.org. in a regular and systematic manner.
- The ENVIS – Centre also maintains a library which has a good data base of Books, Reports and journals on the subject area. The latest issue of these journals is being displayed on the rack while the old issues can be easily retrieved.
- The Centre is progressively uploading several reports on matters gathered from other Websites which have a mandate of providing information in public domain and such information could eventually be available online from the Website of the Centre.
- New niche areas are developing in the broad field of Environmental Audit and Accounting. The Members of Advisory Committee of ENVIS – Centre provide guidance in assembling a basket of such new and emerging niche areas. The current and relevant topics are chosen by the Centre for the preparation of Status Papers. The Centre has already prepared four such Draft Status Papers and plans to steadily work on such subjects.
- A list of experts and institutions is prepared and uploaded on ENVIS Website and also is being updated regularly.
- The Centre has established linkages with other similar ENVIS – Centres within the Group ‘Environmental Law and Trade’ as well as other Centres and agencies in India and abroad for increasing its information contents in the subject area. The Centre also assists other ENVIS – Centres by supplying any data and information required by them but available with the Centre.
- The ENVIS – Centre has been providing information sought by queries referred to it from several agencies and in particular additional information sought on the basis of the information reported in WISTA: Environment Audit and WISTA: Environment Accounting.
- The Centre conducts Workshops on the themes based on the topics of Status Papers or suggested by the Advisory committee for dissemination of information on the subject area. The Centre also offers other organizations to organize such workshops.